How Bad Do You Want to Be Accepted?
The Blue – Accept Me Glasses
Do you wear accept me glasses?
When you wear accept me glasses, you see the world through someone else’s eyes. You might feel judgment or disapproval. You would do anything just to fit in.
You probably feel an intense need to be accepted. The need to feel accepted can show up in many ways.
Do any of these feel familiar?
• Do you always feel like you need to fit in?
• Have you ever changed your looks, personality or actions so people will like you?
• Do you feel the need to please people so that everyone is happy with you?
• Do you feel like you always have to get perfect grades or win first place so your parents or friends will think you are good enough?
• Do you ever feel like you aren’t good enough?
If you answered yes to a lot of those questions, you wear accept me glasses.
Everyone wants acceptance. That is part of being human. But wearing these glasses makes acceptance your focus. Your desire to be accepted is so strong that it changes who you are.
If you wear these glasses, take them off! Go ahead! Yank those suckers from your pretty face and throw them out.
I have definitely worn these glasses before. I can completely understand being afraid to take them off.
It is hard to let go of what others think of you. But it’s harder to live your life exhausted by the effort it takes to make everyone like you.
Focusing on someone else’s acceptance means you are not truly focusing on yourself.
You DESERVE the FREEDOM to BE YOURSELF.
Instead of waiting for others to accept you, you need to accept yourself! You need to like you.
When I need wisdom, I turn to Dr. Seuss. He speaks the truth. Here is what he has to say:
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.”
Do you wear accept me glasses? Have you taken them off?
Tell me about it in the comments below!
– ttfn G –